POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN POWER ENGINEERING IN ENGLISH
One of the key roles of BCIT is to provide higher and purpose oriented education in science, technology, engineering based education, simulation and practical based training in areas where there are significant deficiency in the professional and skilled work force market in Bangladesh and other developing countries.
Who should apply
Young engineers who already passed B. Sc. Engineering (Electrical, / Mechanical, Power, Electronics) and like to develop a career in power plant engineering in home and abroad should apply.
About the program
The program offers a relevant, simulation and practical based education and training and effective study to produce skilled engineers capable to undertake challenges of State of Art Power Plants’, such as Oil, Gas, Coal, Nuclear, Solar, Wind and Hydro Power Plants’ Operation and Maintenance (O&M) responsibilities and to meet the needs of the new century. Bangladesh, South Asia, Asia, China, Africa have been growing at a high pace which require large number of power plant engineers. China has been investing billions of Dollars in power plants in Asia, Africa and South America. These new power plants need large number of engineers for operations and maintenance.
Collaboration with LZJTU
BCIT has collaboration with Lanzhou Jiaotong University (LZJTU), Lanzhou city, Gansu Province, China. LZJTU is a large university under Ministry of Education, China located in the capital of Gansu Province, Lanzhou city. The academic part will be taught in LZJTU in English for one year (two semesters) program is LZJTU. Lanzhou is a diverse multi-ethnic city with many Muslims, halal restaurants. The university also has a halal restaurant.
Practical training will be conducted for one year at a power plant selected by China North East Power Engineering & Service Co. Ltd., (NEPCS) and BCIT.
Courses and Knowledge Areas
Post-Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering program emphasizes relevant aspects of power plant operations & maintenance through academic and practical training.
2 (Two) Years. 1 (one) year academic education and 1(one) year practical training.
Food, hostel, travel, visa fee, books etc. Other terms and conditions apply
Application Screening Process
- All applications for Bangladeshi students must be submitted through BCIT.
- Students must apply online through the BCIT website with the following required documents:
- Copy of SSC, HSC Certificates, B. Sc. Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Power, Electronics) and Transcripts of each examinations.
- Copy of the NID
- Scan Copy of first two page of MRP (Machine Readable Passport).
- Scan copy of passport size pictures size: 5×5 cm (2×2 inch).
- Application Fee of 300 Taka.
- Candidates will be notified of the date, time and place of the Admission screening interview. You must reach at the test venue 30 minutes before the interview with Original Certificates and Transcripts of all SSC, HSC & B. Sc. Engineering and Original NID, pictures.
- If you are selected for admission for the program, you will be notified to personally appear and submit the passport, admission application, registration, visa, insurance, file opening and tuition fees to BCIT. All fees each year have to be paid to BCIT.
- BCIT on receiving the required fees and documents will submit all the applications to LZJTU and arrange for Admission notice and Visa Application form.
- Once visa applications are filed, student must appear for visa interviews.
- Unsuccessful candidates failed in obtaining visa will be paid back one year tuition fees only within 03 – 04 (three – four) weeks by BCIT and his /her admission will be cancelled immediately and will be notified for visa cancellation.
- BCIT and the university reserves the right to accept or deny any submitted application for non-submission of all the fees, charges, failure of the students to fulfill required conditions or on any other grounds they find unsuitability of the candidates.
- Any matter not mentioned here will be decided by BCIT and the relevant university.
Application Form & Screening / interview process
Taka 1500 to be paid in cash at the date and time of registration and in the same date interview will be held. An email will be sent to the applicant submitted email address.
Selected candidates will have to pay service fees ( includes 1 return ticket, China local reception, visa fees and service fee).
You can also apply online