Apart from providing education opportunities at an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience, Turkey offers scholarships to international students from all over the world to study in the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students and researchers to pursue full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Turkey.
Türkiye Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
Application Dates: 10 January – 20 February 2021
Türkiye Scholarships applications for 2021 will be received in one period, and applications will be open between 10th January- 20th February 2021 for international students from all countries.
What is unique about Türkiye Scholarships?
What makes Türkiye Scholarships unique is that it’s not only inclusive of financial support, tuition fee, accommodation and health insurance but also provides university placement and academic, social and cultural facilities to its awardees at all levels of higher education.
Programs and Levels of Study
Programs open for application are: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs
Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
Other programs such as Research Scholarships, Success Scholarships, and KATİP have different application periods and are announced regularly on our website and social media channels.
All candidates must submit the following documents during online application:
- A valid National Identification Document OR a valid Passport
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university & program)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)
- Most programs in Turkish universities are instructed in Turkish. However, some departments and universities offer programs in English or other languages. Candidates who wish to study in these programs need to have an internationally recognized language certificate to prove their language proficiency (TOEFL and other equivalent certificates). Most of these programs require international admission test scores such as GRE, GMAT, SAT etc. Candidates can check the language of instruction while selecting the programs in the application system.
- Undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores, will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
- All Türkiye Scholarships awardees who do not possess C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language taught programs) must attend a 1-year Turkish Preparatory Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.